Today was a day full of object identification and object interpretation.
First task was to identify some artefact labels on the MODES cataloguing system. Once this was done, I opened up the relevant subset and looked deeper into these 4 objects:
There wasn't much information on the system about all of these, so the rest of the day was spent doing extra secondary research on these types of teddy bears, searching for the relevant missing information, such as age, manufacturers, etc.
Once this was completed, I went ahead and began writing up an object interpretation label to go on display in the museum, specifically aimed at younger audiences. This involved questions to engage the children reading and simple sentence structures.
Last task of the day was to help finish up the aesthetic pieces for a new exhibition around the themes of "Toys Through Time". Thinking about how the exhibition design can invoke the tone of the exhibition and how that sits alongside the content.
Back to Top